Dive into the world of outdoor sports and recreation and learn more about the sports dominating both Germany and the US.
Cheers! Pints and Past Times
Join the Colorado Chapter and dive into the world of Outdoor Sports and Recreation, the theme of this year's German American Business Series. Learn more about the cultural relevance of four different sports played both in Germany and the US - over a flight, of course!
Our fascinating speakers, to be announced soon, will present on the four sports, one for each season of the year, as we simultaneously sample four seasonal brews.
Beer & Sports
Check out the featured beers and their matching seasonal sport below.
WINTER: pairing the Robust Porter & Winter Sports
- Robust Porter - the perfect beer to warm up with after a day on the slopes.
- Winter Sports - Germans and Coloradans are avid winter sports enthusiasts. What are the differences and similarities between winter activities and the people who engage in them in Germany and Colorado?
SPRING: pairing the Saison Voila & Handball
- Saison Voila - this bouquet of aromas especially complements the fresh flavors of spring
- Handball - handball is widely regarded to be the country's second most popular sport after soccer. Is handball ever going to catch on in Colorado?
SUMMER: pairing the Aumākua Wheat & Handball
- Aumākua Wheat - this combination of fruity and hoppy makes for the perfect summer beer
- Soccer - soccer is the most popular sport in Germany, not to mention German soccer teams are popular worldwide. Will soccer continue its rise in the US?
FALL: pairing the Figgy Noir & Rugby
- Figgy Noir - taking inspiration from Algeria, this heady, spiced beer is on the rise of popularity at Diebolt's brewery
- Rugby - rugby's addition to the summer Olympics suggests that its growing popularity in the US may be catching on globally. Is rugby becoming more popular in Germany as well?