Your partner for Mergers & Acquisitions in the US.
In recent years, the US market has become increasingly more attractive for German companies looking for investment opportunities. Especially in the manufacturing industry, we have seen a trend towards building German-owned production facilities in the US. According to the German American Business Outlook, 14% of companies are planning M&A activities in 2021.
Through partnership with GACC Midwest, you will profit from our broad experience and knowledge of market conditions in the US. We specialize in identifying companies that match your strategic plans for the US market and qualify for long-term cooperation. Besides technical and economic criteria, cultural differences are a decisive factor to consider before completing acquisition. GACC Midwest can accompany on-site visits and negotiations between the seller and buyer until completion. We can also serve as a link to other key partners in the process, particularly our members that provide expert support for legal, financial and other aspects of a successful deal.
Contact us for more information about M&A in the US and other services supporting German business in the US.
What are the effects of the coronavirus on M&A in the US? How do you execute M&A transactions successfully in the US? Acquisitions can be a quick and efficient way to enter the US market. The current situation opens up many questions about trends in M&A as well as the growth potential in the US through M&A. In our expert workshop, GACC Midwest will bring together M&A consultants, accountants and lawyers to discuss the opportunities for German companies. Register today.
Identification of Target Companies
- Research of success factors for the market entry in the US
- Support in the development of your location criteria catalog for the new US operations. In the process, we conduct business analytics regarding infrastructure, product line, workforce, customer base, industry reputation, distribution and sales channels as well as economic figures (e.g. Revenue, EBIT, EBITDA, typical industry multipliers, size of acquisition)
- Identification, analysis and comparison of companies according to the established requirements
- Identification and establishment of contact to decision makers inside or outside the target company (directors, shareholders, external investors, etc.)
Execution of the acquisition
- Company presentation and formation of a relationship of trust with stakeholders and shareholders
- If desired, on-site visits and inspection of the building, machinery and production capabilities
- Obtain financial statements and customer lists Organization of on-site visits and negotiations between seller and buyer
- Representation of your interests vis-à-vis public incentive programs together with attorneys and/or tax advisors
- Advice during the process until closing
We are pleased to further support you after the M&A process in order to ensure a successful start of your business operations in the US. We also offer support when it comes to recruiting, matchmaking with potential business partners and site selection for future growth.
“ Federnfabrik Schmid commissioned GACC Midwest as an M&A transaction advisor to assist with finding a US company for purchase in the spring manufacturing and metal stamping industry. It was a pleasure working together with GACC Midwest and it is, to a great deal, their success in making the acquisition happen. We thank them for their assistance on this project and for their ongoing support. ”