Your partner for Mergers & Acquisitions in the US
In recent years, the US market has become increasingly more attractive for German companies looking for investment opportunities. Especially in the manufacturing industry, we have seen a trend towards building German-owned production facilities in the US. According to the German American Business Outlook, 20% of companies are planning M&A activities in 2019.
Through partnership with GACC Midwest, you will profit from our broad experience and knowledge of market conditions in the US. We specialize in identifying companies that match your strategic plans for the US market and qualify for long-term cooperation. Besides technical and economic criteria, cultural differences are a decisive factor to consider before completing acquisition. GACC Midwest can accompany on-site visits and negotiations between the seller and buyer until completion. We can also serve as a link to other key partners in the process, particularly our members that provide expert support for legal, financial and other aspects of a successful deal.
Identification of Target Companies
- Research of success factors for the market entry in the US
- Support in the development of your location criteria catalog for the new US operations. In the process, we conduct business analytics regarding infrastructure, product line, workforce, customer base, industry reputation, distribution and sales channels as well as economic figures (e.g. Revenue, EBIT, EBITDA, typical industry multipliers, size of acquisition)
- Identification, analysis and comparison of companies according to the established requirements
- Identification and establishment of contact to decision makers inside or outside the target company (directors, shareholders, external investors, etc.)
Execution of the acquisition
- Company presentation and formation of a relationship of trust with stakeholders and shareholders
- If desired, on-site visits and inspection of the building, machinery and production capabilities
- Obtain financial statements and customer lists Organization of on-site visits and negotiations between seller and buyer
- Representation of your interests vis-à-vis public incentive programs together with attorneys and/or tax advisors
- Advice during the process until closing
We are pleased to further support you after the M&A process in order to ensure a successful start of your business operations in the US. We also offer support when it comes to recruiting, matchmaking with potential business partners and site selection for future growth.
“GACC Midwest was commissioned as a transaction advisor for an internationally-oriented M&A project to find and mediate a buyer to acquire a German trading company in the iron and steel industry. The assigned team made a lasting, very positive impression by performing the assigned tasks with high technical and methodological expertise, as demonstrated in our cooperation.”
Dr. Detlef Brockel
Geschäftsführung, Ecotec Consulting GmbH